I was feeling a bit inspired by the slideshow video Lori Watts shared earlier this week on Facebook and since it’s currently -13 here in MN indoor activities are on my to do list today as well.
2013 was a great year here with a whole collection of activities and lots of new pots
- Becky Brandow of Willow Avenue Pottery in Iowa joined me for a woodfire in late January.
- We had a great time and lots of visitors for our annual Bluff Country Studio Art Tour kiln opening and pizza party. This was our second year for the event and it’s growing. Hope we can see even more folks in 2014.
- Enjoyed making a custom cake plate for a bride’s special day as well as custom place settings for another wedding gift.
- Had some great studio help when the grandkids visited.
- Attended several art festivals and enjoyed seeing so many new faces and some old ones. 🙂
- Participated in The Color Run with some of my favorite people. What a great event and a fantastic time.
- Saw some beautiful sunrises and sunsets.
- Joined forces with other Lanesboro artists to create a new event called Lanesboro Area Art Trail.
- Had a great time starting my bottle garden and hope to add more bottles in 2014
- Rang in the new year with the best roadie ever. Thanks Kevin for all your help this year.
In my last post of 2013, I mentioned some news… well… I left my day job after nearly 34 year and will be working as a full-time potter in 2014. It’s a big change for me and I’ll probably do a whole post on it in the next couple weeks. So scary, but very exciting.
Have a great 2014 everybody. Be well.