Legend has it that if you build a fairy home and leave it in your garden, you might attract a fairy into your domain… Yet, even if you don’t believe in fairies, this is a great creative project that will warm the heart of any person who loves miniature projects and pretty things for the garden. It’s also a great project for kids with some adult help. Read more
For lots of people it’s Small Business Saturday. But for me it’s the day after a firing so I’m having a Peek In A Cooling Kiln Day or Melt Your Flashlight Day. I’ve done both today and will continue to peek in the kiln with a different flashlight and try to remember not to place the light so close to the peek hole.
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and successful Small Business Saturday.
I was feeling a bit inspired by the slideshow video Lori Watts shared earlier this week on Facebook and since it’s currently -13 here in MN indoor activities are on my to do list today as well.
2013 was a great year here with a whole collection of activities and lots of new pots
- Becky Brandow of Willow Avenue Pottery in Iowa joined me for a woodfire in late January.
- We had a great time and lots of visitors for our annual Bluff Country Studio Art Tour kiln opening and pizza party. This was our second year for the event and it’s growing. Hope we can see even more folks in 2014.
- Enjoyed making a custom cake plate for a bride’s special day as well as custom place settings for another wedding gift.
- Had some great studio help when the grandkids visited.
- Attended several art festivals and enjoyed seeing so many new faces and some old ones. 🙂
- Participated in The Color Run with some of my favorite people. What a great event and a fantastic time.
- Saw some beautiful sunrises and sunsets.
- Joined forces with other Lanesboro artists to create a new event called Lanesboro Area Art Trail.
- Had a great time starting my bottle garden and hope to add more bottles in 2014
- Rang in the new year with the best roadie ever. Thanks Kevin for all your help this year.
In my last post of 2013, I mentioned some news… well… I left my day job after nearly 34 year and will be working as a full-time potter in 2014. It’s a big change for me and I’ll probably do a whole post on it in the next couple weeks. So scary, but very exciting.
Have a great 2014 everybody. Be well.