Even with a short power outage just when I was ready to start a bisque firing, I managed to get a couple rhubarb leaf platters complete for the upcoming Rhubarb Festival in Lanesboro Minnesota.
Normally, it takes me several weeks to see the end results of projects I’ve started, but this time it worked out really well that I had nearly a kiln load of stuff already complete and could just sneak these platters into that load and get them done in just one week.
The festival is tomorrow and hopefully, these platters will find new homes then. But I’ll definitely be making more. In addition to the green they are glazed in, I painted a stripe of raspberry glaze into the vein indentations to give them a little different color. Was hoping for a little of the red color to show, but it’s more a darker blue/green. Still worked out nicely.
Have a great weekend all.