Spent a little time today working on another round of oblong vases. I made the first batch of these nearly a year ago and after firing them in March I was really pleased with the results. Some have a stamped plug on them, some don’t… but they all have these full of personality handles.
A couple weeks ago, I mixed up a small batch of a glaze I’ve been meaning to try for a while. I’ve had a great cone 10 Turquoise glaze really wanted to have something similar looking for cone 6 electric. Yesterday I ran the electric kiln and had a chance to run some tests tiles to see how the glaze performed.
The test tiles seemed to turn out pretty well, but the glaze on this test mug didn’t see to do as well. The mug is made from a white cone 6 stoneware, where as the test tiles are buff stoneware coated with white slip. I’ll need to test this glaze further to see if I can isolate why the mug bubbled so badly and the tiles didn’t.
Something to working on tomorrow I guess. Have a great week.